Procedure Room C105
Procedure room C105, under the direction of research faculty in the Molecular Metabolism and Disease program, is located in the Clinical Center Animal Wing (CCAW). This room is available for use by researchers needing to perform surgical procedures and/or manipulations on animals housed in CCAW.
The following equipment is available for use in C105:
- 4ft Labconco Purifier Logic, Type II Class A2 Biosafety cabinet with a carbon post filter and IV bar
- LEI benchtop (Isoflurane) anesthesia machine with a 6-position manifold for the induction box and five non-rebreathing circuits. Include oxygen tank and F-Air charcoal filters.
- Nikon SMZ—745T microscope with DS-Vil 2 mega pixel high speed color digital camera and DS-L2 Camera Control Unit.
- Nikon SMZ-800 microscope with boom stand and flexible eye-pieces. Both microscopes have attached ring light with polarizer/analyzer.
- Sorvall RT7 Plus Centrifuge with adaptors for various sized tubes i.e. eppendorf to 50ml
- Pipet aid
- Gilson pipettemen sizes: p10 (1-10µl), p100 (10-100µl), p200 (20-200µl), p1000 (100-1000µl)
- Five compartment locker: each compartment with its own key for researchers to store items if they plan to use the room over an extended period of time.
- Refrigerator with freezer section.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) – disposable gowns, head covers, face mask, gloves are provided.